Request for Proposals
The PTAC Air Research Planning Committee (ARPC), with funding support from AUPRF, is seeking proposals that address current knowledge gaps to provide additional science/knowledge to support emissions reductions and future regulatory development. AUPRF is a unique collaborative platform between the Alberta Energy Regulator, the Government of Alberta and industry. The ARPC also includes stakeholder representation from Environment Climate Change Canada, BC Oil and Gas Commission, and the Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy and Resources.
PTAC is seeking proposals to execute projects in the following categories. Please click on links below to view the RFPs:
- Evaluation of Current & Emerging Emission Quantification Tools
- Methods for Estimating Emissions from Tanks
- Determination of a Rate Based Emission Correlations
- Evaluation of Surface Casing Vent Flows at Inactive Wells
The deadline for submission to PTAC is May 16, 2021 via the online Application Form. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, but require more time please let us know to request an extension.
PTAC is a neutral facilitator of multi-stakeholder industry research and technology development projects and PTAC staff will not screen, evaluate or make decisions on the review of proposals and selection of projects. The AUPRF Program provides an effective mechanism for industry and government to coordinate and collaborate on the formulation and delivery of strategic environmental research and innovation.
- RRRC 1901 – Data Collection & Analysis of Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) Associated with Drilling Waste Disposal Locations
- WIPC 1802 – Creation of a Water Management Plan Framework for Sharing of Water Resources and Infrastructure in Unconventional Resource Plays in Alberta (Multi-Operator Water Plans MOWP)
- RRRC 1801 – Reclamation Practices on Upland and Peatland Well Sites
- WARI 1801 – Cement Alternatives
- WARI 1802 – Alternative Cement Integrity Assessment Tool
- WIPC 1801 – Develop Definitions for Alternative Water Sources to High Quality Non-Saline Groundwater
- 2016 Past RFPs
- WARI-1601 Cement Integrity Assessment Tool – Revised
- ARPC – Fugitive Emissions Management Program Effectiveness Assessment (FEMP EA)